Saturday, March 23, 2013

AfterThoughts



Photos by Dan West, March 2013


I've been silent on here for a while. I've had a few very positive modeling gigs this month, which have also supplied my first months' rent (yay!). I have mixed feelings about being a pretty much pay-only model now, but at least I'm flexible. I had a nice hike and shoot with Dan West, who upon meeting I immediately liked. There was no nervousness or awkwardness at all. I think this is the second photog I've had this kind of experience with, which is exciting. That usually implies to me a kind of creative connection that is rare...or that I'm just loosening up a little and getting more comfortable with this whole modeling thing. In any case, I'm pretty happy with some of the photos and also looking forward to our potential trip to Death Valley next month for a few days of shooting there. Maybe I'll be able to work up a little tan :P

I've been modeling for painting classes and drawing classes, which I still love to do. I just have to laugh at myself a little for sometimes being a little jealous of the artists who are there to draw/paint while I'm modeling. I haven't done much of my own artwork lately and it's starting to bother me. I guess I should get on that. I do love modeling but I also love drawing, and there must be a balance of helping others learn and create while continuing my own learning and creating.

I just caved recently and got an iPhone. I feel so funny with it, and it still feels a little out of place in my life. But I think it will be a very useful tool in the long run, and I look forward to figuring it all out (no pun intended). :P

I think that's it for now. I'll try to keep updating, so stay tuned :]

1 comment:

Followers