Friday, November 15, 2013

Friends, Admirers...

It's been a while. I've been modeling mostly for my artist and painter folk, which always leaves my blog void of photos to share. But I do have some photos to share from recent shoots! As always, I'm happy to see, share, and reflect on my work and the work of others which represents, explores or depicts me as a subject....

Photo: sgrìob, 2013

Photo: sgrìob, 2013

Photo: sgrìob, 2013

Photo: sgrìob, 2013

Photo: sgrìob, 2013



Photo: sgrìob, 2013
--
 And this one could almost use it's own space for a blog post. I've been feeling a little uncertain about my body modifications (ear piercings, tattoo) lately. Because I model so frequently for artists and photographers who seem to admire, value, and adore the in-modified and "timeless" look that is of pure form and "natural" beauty, I can't help but feel a bit out of place when I'm posing for someone who may view my mods as ugly, unnatural, and may make the judgement that I'm an inferior model for having chosen to do such things. So far I do believe I've been lucky in that the people I've worked with do not have such a view - or, if they do, they make the exception for me? In any case, it's somewhat of an insecurity I suppose, and I love it when I can find images that remind me that even with the tattoo, I have a lovely back and that my ink and mods do not take away from my beauty. No matter what.

I could honestly write even more on the subject, but I don't intend to at the moment.


Photo: sgrìob, 2013






Photo: Ryan Frederickson, 2013

This one could use a whole blog post to itself, I adore it. My boyfriend needed photos for inspiration for painting ideas, and so we set about on a kind of impromptu photoshoot. He'd recently collected this AMAZING ram skull from the trash (I know, the TRASH!) and of course I wanted to get some photos with it, regardless of if he was planning on using them as reference for anything <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers