Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recently with Mauvais...

After the glorious Salon Nuit in SF. Photo by Ryan Frederickson, October 2013.

I love abandoned places. Photo: Dan West, September 2013.
------------
I love the simplicity of this image, and all the repeated patterns in it (the squares/rectangles, the lines of the stairs and my ribs). I also like how my body is nearly silhouetted. 

Reflection...(Dan West, September 2013)
------------
I'm not afraid to stand in cold, stagnant water as long as it's shallow. Preferably, it'd be clear enough to see my feet. I would love to do more work like this!

Shadowplay...(Ryan Frederickson, 2013)
------------
I quickly ducked under a staircase for this shot. I thought the shadows would be a nice experiment for shooting [:

Thoughts on a windowsill... (Ryan Frederickson, 2013)
------------
Why is it that old buildings and naked ladies never gets old? 



--------------

Busy, and not busy enough. How does that even work? I'm finding myself struggling to get enough real work done (and so it sounds to me that everyone I know is having the same problem!). I've had some shoots, and a few figure modeling sessions. I continue to crave attending some life drawing sessions where I get to draw rather than model. It'll happen.

I'll be working with some new people soon which is exciting to me. I love working with some of the same people I have in the past, but I always like to cast my net out farther when I can. I do love modeling for that reason (among many others) - I genuinely like to just go out and meet someone, engage for a while, and then come back and think about the experience. I love to hear others' stories and hope they like to hear mine. I think I enjoy the process of getting to know someone more than knowing them (not always true, but I do it so much I do begin to wonder).

I'm looking forward to having some paintings of myself (finished) to share someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, and some new photos to revamp my portfolio. I feel that I am looking for something different to add to it but I'm not sure what it is. 

Finding a somewhat safe (as far as 'safe' goes in a public space where trespassing is prohibited, or where anyone else is around to notice a nude figure) outdoor location to shoot in is somewhat difficult, I'm finding, here in the Bay Area. Has anyone else had similar troubles? I like to revisit some of the old haunts, but it seems that there are more people out at them than I remember. I could really use some help on locations! Sometimes photographers ask me if I know of places and I sadly reply that I do not. As the days get shorter and the cold draws near, I will soon cease to do much outdoor nude shoots at all, which can be a bummer. But, I can focus on other things in the meantime :]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers