Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lapse


A lapse of time....since I last wrote. 


Back track to late summer of 2013 - that is when these photos are from. 
It was a successful shoot, and these are some of the final edits and some of my favorite exploration edits from it (I just got them, wee!). By now, my hair is shorter and a little less wild.

All photos are from Alen Barbosa, 2013.
These images were taken from a small photo 'class'. I modeled for the afternoon session after the lovely Dakini, who I had the chance of at least saying "hey! nice to meet you!" to, at least, when she was leaving. I remember thinking at the time that I was so surprised each time I've met another model in person that they seem so small in person than they appear in their photos - as in, they are small framed, with lovely petite features, unlike how they seem in photos, where I imagine them being super tall and grandiose. Either way, I think it's great :]






(classic Mauvais torso shot ;P)



Fast forward to now ... 

I am beginning to schedule some shoots for the near future, but I am still modeling for the GGA, almost full time it seems. It's been almost a week since I've been there, however. The last time I was there, I was modeling for a night session with a small group of artists. There was a fierce wind storm and as I was posing I noticed the lights flicker several times. I had the feeling the power would go out unexpectedly at any moment....which... it did. After some time passed, and we knew it may not come back for several hours, everyone dispersed. No, I was not posing when the lights went out, but it wouldn't have bothered me if they had. I've enjoyed the time off and I haven't. I continue to go back and forth between feeling good and feeling unhappy. I need to take care of myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers