Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Photo: Eric Hiss, 2012
Models are C Kudos and Mauvais 

 Photo by me! Mauvais
Model: C K

The good: I had a shoot with Eric and CK, a model I met and worked with for the first time. We played with some colored lights/gels and some basic studio stuff (which I wanted to try to shoot) and CK was going to shoot but I guess she changed her mind. I am not sure she was quite comfortable modeling with me, either, though I am excited to see more of the images from this shoot. I was glad she was open to letting me photograph her. I am interested in photographing models mostly for reference for drawings.

The bad: I have had some personal life issues and lack of self esteem, and while that's nothing new it has been dragging me down. I am trying to keep my head up and stay positive.

The ugly: I went to a fire/spin jam in the city and fell and scraped my knee, badly (if you didn't know, I hoop dance and have hooped with fire before ;] ). I didn't even notice that I was bleeding until maybe an hour later when my knee started stinging. It's very purple and blue and red. 
Then the next day I smashed my left index finger in my car door. 
It's also very blue and purple and red.... I just painted my nails which always weirds me out (not really into nail polish) because I have a shoot coming up and would rather not have a half blue and violet fingernail. Hoping the nail doesn't fall off...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers