Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Drink More Coffee...


Drawings done by Sierra Cvach, 2012


I had a good figure modeling gig the other night. I brought my friend along and was pleased to see such a large group there! I was warm enough, but unfortunately I was a bit too caffeinated. I will tell you - I love coffee - but I should really avoid it when it comes to modeling. I felt uncomfortable because I was so caffeinated. It must not have shown, but I was definitely freaking out a little. But, I made it through and felt fine by the end. I was glad to have shared a day in the life of Mauvais the art model with my friend. I picked her up and we drove out to Pleasanton where I model. My hair was still wet from my shower and I needed it to dry so I drove with the sunroof and all the windows down - it was an amazing feeling. Sierra likes to drive with all the windows down, too :] We got there a bit early, which was good because I started feeling caffeinated and needed some time to try and calm myself down and drink some water. Then I started...Sierra's one of two people I can think of that I know personally who would be comfortable drawing me in all my nudity. I appreciated this bond in our friendship. Plus it's interesting seeing what Sierra came up with in terms of how she saw me :P She forgot an eraser, which is why the drawings look a little weird.

I've been enjoying modeling for Ryan. I lay under this really bright light that makes me feel as if I am laying out under the sun, which then makes me a little sleepy, so I had to keep talking to stay awake. I hope Ryan doesn't mind all my chatter :P He's almost done with his drawing of me. It's awesome, of course. I have been continually amazed and perplexed by his drawing instruction. I am working on just one drawing now, with the same model, and it's finally resembling a person...though I have to give credit to Ryan for most of the drawing, I suppose. I need to try out everything he's been showing me on my own sometime. Finding spare time these days to just draw seems close to impossible though :[

In other news, I have two shoots coming up this weekend! I very much look forward to Sunday's shoot - I will FINALLY be working with the talented Daryl Darko - http://www.flickr.com/photos/daryldarko/
 Plus, Keira will be back and we are shooting together again! Yay model twins!

Stay tuned...


 

1 comment:

  1. If by 'a little weird' you mean 'lines, lines everywhere and blurry graphite too!' haha. Definitely going to bring my massive eraser next time! It'll be better, I promise XD

    ReplyDelete

Followers