Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hmm

[Artworks compared are shown here through saving a screenshot. No alterations of the photos themselves besides cropping & resizing for the purpose of them fitting in this blog ;) ]


I guess I do nearly the same thing for long poses... Hmm...
But at least it makes for an interesting comparison! I love seeing different representations of myself. It's like hearing remixes of a song you really love. I particularly like comparing these two works because I am doing very similar poses, but they're mirrored, and the way each artist handled portraying me is also very different. Both based on realism, I suppose, but one much looser and the other much more refined.
 
The left side is a watercolor piece is by Big Al, who does caricature : http://www.bigalart.com/
It was a 40 minute pose, no breaks. I love the way Al captured my facial features in such simple lines. I guess that shows just how good he is as a caricature artist!

The right side is the finished drawing by Ryan Frederickson (remember this?)
It was several 3 hour sessions over the course of several weeks....with breaks, of course. The original drawing is truly a masterpiece, but this image shows it well enough: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rf_studio/8005214474/sizes/h/in/photostream/


I have been almost desperately wanting to collect images of drawings/paintings people have done of me for a while now, to add to my modeling portfolio so that prospective artists who are thinking of working with me can have a sense of how I look on paper :P


In other news, I've been taking another unofficial break from modeling. I began missing having time for myself, and even with only two classes this semester there is much work to be done. I am open to photoshoots and life drawing gigs again however! :]

Another thing that has been frustrating is trying to schedule/organize photoshoots with other models and photographers for my couple figure modeling project. It doesn't seem like it should be hard, but so far I have not had much luck in actually scheduling anything, but there may be a shoot on the horizon for me soon...

In the meantime, I should really get back into regaining all that flexibility I used to have...







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the look into the world of figure modeling. It is fascinating to see progression of a work of art that is so different from the now almost-instant digital process.

    ReplyDelete

Followers