Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lucian Schmit, 2013 - Portland, OR area.


Yay for getting lots of new photos in the last few days :] (including the one above, which was a film shot taken while I was on my northwest tour, about a year ago).
I've had two pretty full modeling weeks, managing to remain (hardly) unscathed! (though, I did obtain some minor cuts and sprains...nothing to worry about!) 
I've met a few new photographers recently as well, and enjoyed those new shoots. With all this warm weather, albeit DRY, UNSEASONAL weather, I've been absolutely comforted going outdoors for nude shoots. I got to romp in old buildings, climb trees, nestle in grass, hike in the woods, and pose in my velvet cloak (for the first time, ever).  I thought I would have to wait till Spring for outdoor shoots....but for some reason I'm having a feeling California will simply skip Spring this year, and go into a long and dry summer...

I had my first life drawing session modeling session last night - the first in about a month, I think? Maybe longer. Sherry Kwint-Cattoche is  wonderful woman and an amazing artist to boot. I love her studio because it looks like how I'd have my studio. She has interesting things scattered and piled and hung all over the place in there. I held a few fives, then a twenty, then a long standing pose the rest of the time. It sure feels good to know I can still hold a pose well! I don't usually 'do' New Years' resolutions, but one I have had in mind is to get in shape, and to start that by simply being more active. I have been doing pretty well so far. I have just been avoiding sitting for long periods of time, and trying to get in exercise. One would think as a model, I would be getting all the exercise in the world...but that has long been the problem with my body type - it is  blessing and a curse to appear like a dancer but to not have the strength of one. (womp womp)

So in the meantime, off to get working on that ;D


And here's Sherry's paint studies of me from last night :] 
[oil pint studies by Sherry Kwint-Cattoche, 2014]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers