Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Weeks 2 & 3 of my long pose...

Hello world, 

It seems that in the midst of my moving locations I've lost my old posts that I was going to publish here :[ It's very sad to me as I was hoping to make a daily account for each modeling day and my experiences throughout, but I will just have to settle with a weekly summary. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than my original plan.

My second week went well. One student was missing the whole time, and the others were making much progress. I was holding up with the pose, my body felt pretty good till the end of the week, when pain accumulated in my left hip. I recall that on the last day of week two I was feeling very down, very pessimistic and sore and didn't really want to be interacting with anyone. But I persevered, and by week three I was feeling rejuvenated. I try to not let my personal life stuff get in the way of my performance while modeling, but it is very challenging for life modeling, because no matter what my mind seems to circle to the dark spots. It is the nature of one with so much to learn, figure out, and do...I suppose.

So far this week has been going all right, but I do admit wishing I was done with the week already, as I am sore and tired. I have tomorrow, then week three will be over. My knees and left hip in particular are bothering me more than anything. It'll pass. Today was a bit exciting for a while though as I noticed that there was a little bright green leaf hopper bug on the stand with me. It gave me comfort and amusement, distracted me for a bit. "Which is harder for you when modeling, the physical part or the mental part?" one of the students asked me. With only a moment to think, I answered, "Mostly the mental." I struggle with feeling isolated or having lack of conversation, and sometimes my awareness of my cirling thoughts drive me...nearly mad. But that is why I do my best to chat with others when I can; though sometimes all I can do is stretch and shake myself out, and the breaks are short...so I must make the choice to take care of my body or my mind. It's fascinating. I do enjoy it, nonetheless. Some of my favorite modeling moments have come from my life drawing/painting sessions. Mostly things people say, which can only be so funny and awesome in that moment. Even with all my aches and pains with figure modeling for artists, it's not so unbearable to me as feeling isolated in a room full of people (which sometimes does happen). In the end, the rewards of helping students, artists, and myself learn better to be better artists is what makes it worth it all.






2 comments:

  1. I admire your patience. I cannot imagine holding a pose so long and so well as you describe. When I am unable to move even for a few minutes, it is difficult, let alone holding a pose. Kudos you you and others who do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments! <3

    ReplyDelete

Followers