Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mauvais: Art Model

Being an art model is great, guys. I thoroughly enjoy the exchange of my time for the time for artists to practice their craft, since I know that is so valuable. I may moan and groan about my aches and pains, but the truth is I rather enjoy the experience, especially at the end, when I can see the result of what everyone (including me) has been putting their focus into. It's kind of magical, and makes the hours of sitting/laying/standing sometimes awkwardly all worth it. I learn something new about modeling and art every time, though I can't quite explain what it is. I am definitely excited to be getting back into drawing from the human figure in life again soon. I do think my modeling and my drawing inform each other...I understand what it's like to draw from a live model and I know from experience what an art model must do and be able to endure in order to stay committed to a pose. I know this. It's awesome. I hope to be able to do this for many years to come. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers