Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home Again

Photo by Jim Henderson, 2013
(it is an infared photo)


I've been home in the lovely sunny San Francisco Bay Area again for a while now, but after dealing with some personal things I am back in the swing of things (I hope ._.) I am waiting for images from my Seattle photog but otherwise pretty happy with the results from everyone else. Some I have not put up since they are proofs. I am pleased that on my first solo road trip and first attempt at being a traveling art model I (at least!) broke even on my trip. Yay! Anyway. 

I am happy to have finally scored some very local gigs for art and photography classes! I have my first photography class session tomorrow evening. Come to think of it - this will be the first time I'll have modeled for a photo class. I am anticipating it will be somewhat different, but I'll just have to find out. 
I am happy about this (and an upcoming painting class gig) because as I've probably mentioned before, my love for modeling for learning purposes makes me the most happy. I do love being a part of creating art and molding myself to a vision when I work with photographers, but I feel there is more purpose at times for being the subject of someone who is learning to do something with the figure. That definitely comes from my own experience back in figure drawing (which, I should really get back into!)

I am thinking I may need to finally catch up in the technology age and get myself a smart phone. Then it'd be easier to post images of in-progress artworks and keep track of my schedule through a better calendar (if you've worked with me before, you may remember that I often suffer from short term memory issues - such a shame for someone so young -_- and that is part of the work I have to do with my modeling! - just remembering my schedule! ugh...). My main issue is my fear of being one of "those" people who are glued to their phones. I am already a bit glued to my phone and it doesn't even have access to the internet. It may just mean practicing a bit more discipline :] Which I realize I need to to in many areas of my life. It'll happen. I just have to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers